Thursday, August 30, 2007

Great New Magazine...Home Grown Hospitality

I recently purchsed this great publication by Paper Crafts Magazine. It has the most charming projects in it. The editor really captured how I feel about my daily like, crafting and homemaking. I so want a healthy balance. Here's what she wrote: "Have you ever wondered how life gets so busy and complicated? Do you want to learn how to simplify, but still be able to make handmade items, gifts, and cards for your home, friends, and family? Learn to live a “Simply Complicated” lifestyle from this brand new special issue, Homegrown Hospitality, brought to you by CK Media. This issue is full of great ideas on how to celebrate and document both the momentous occasions in life as well as those meaningful everyday moments. You’ll find inspiration for neighbor gifts, handmade cards, scrapbook albums, cake decorating, organizing, sewing, quilting, and much, much more. Make each moment matter by simply sharing a little of your newfound Homegrown Hospitality. " I just love that term, "simply complicated". How about you? Pretty much sums up what I want right now in my life. I don't want to be bored, but I want things simply organized and decorated. *sigh*
The editor has a blog too. Home Grown Hospitality
It appears she updates the blog almost daily. Check it out.

7 comments:

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Thank you for sharing this Trudi!

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Aaahhhh yes, "Simply organized and decorated"...that's what I want!

That magazine looks so familiar. I must have seen it somewhere and it caught my eye, too.

Kimberly :)

LBP said...

Looks like that would be a great magazine. I haven't seen it anywhere, I would love to get it!

Linda

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today, you were very sweet.
I loved your post today! I've seen that magazine on the stands, but I've almost been afraid to look, you know what I mean? I posted yesterday, I think it was, on "living simply," and the phrase, "simply complicated" would have fit it well! You're right, that is life in a nutshell these days. It really is those little creative moments that we squirrel away for ourselves that help make it more lovely, for ourselves and for our families.
Thanks for the tip, and for sharing. I look forward to returning soon!
Jen

Carole Burant said...

Sounds like a great magazine so I'll have to check if it's available here in Canada! Anything to help us simplify our lives has got to be good! lol xox

Anonymous said...

Hi there...It is me...The "Simply Complicated" one...just wanted to say thank you soooo much for the great little post you did on the magazine..I am flattered and happy to hear that you like the magazine and that you can relate to that "simply Complicated" phrase...I think many people are that way, and it is a great and simple way to explain it....There will be 4 new issues in 2008 so stay tuned to my blog for good stuff...thanks again!!!

Heather said...

I'm looking forward to checking it out - thanks for the heads up.
Heather